During 2019 we conducted a review of Inflectra's products and services to compare them to similar tools and products on the market from our competitors. Furthermore, during our InflectraCon 2019 conference, we solicited feedback from customers on our company, products, service and pricing and found out that our products were underpriced vis-a-vis the value they offered. After conducting a comprehensive market research exercise in late 2019, we determined that our prices had not kept pace with the market.
In parallel, we are looking to build out our products and services further in the next two years to address needs that we identified in the market. So it makes sense that we change our current pricing to position ourselves better for growth. As you know one of our company's key missions is to "build for our users and not for Wall Street", we therefore want to make sure we have the features and infrastructure in place for the long haul.
The changes we're making to the pricing are designed to be affordable to our customers who value having solutions that are powerful, easy to use, and deliver a superior return on investment. So although the prices will be going up overall, we believe that we continue to offer the best value in the industry for a complete set of tools to manage your software projects. In addition, we will not be making any additional price changes for at least the next two years.
Improvements In Our Service in 2019
We have been busy adding new features to the Spira platform this year, including:
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Product Templates and Customizable Fields
- New Requirements Management Views
- Agile Board Enhancements
- Document Management Workflows
In addition to the new features, we have migrated our cloud hosting to Amazon Web Services (AWS) using high performance Solid State Drives (SSD) and local hosting options. The combination of lower network latency, application improvements and better database performance (because of the SSD drives), has resulted in a 300% increase in performance.
What To Expect in 2020
Looking forward to 2020, we will boost the value Inflectra brings to you in the following critical directions:
- Support - we will be improving our customer support experience (which is already highly rated in the industry) to include more options for 24x7 coverage so that we can be available around the clock when our customers need us
- Functionality - we will be focusing on adding functionality to improve the support for regulated industries, large-scale projects and programs, and a general overhaul of the reporting and analytics features
- TaraVault - in 2020 we are making TaraVault free. Starting in 2020, TaraVault will no longer require a separate fee to use and an unlimited number of TaraVault users will be included for free with every SpiraTeam and SpiraPlan subscription. So if you are using alternative tools such as GitHub, GitLab or BitBucket, you may want to consider migrating to TaraVault.
Changes to Spira Pricing
For new customers, we will be raising the prices for the cloud and on-premise versions of SpiraTest, SpiraTeam, and SpiraPlan by approximately 40%. These prices changes will be for the subscriptions, license purchases, and annual maintenance of new users that have not been using these products in 2019.
For existing customers, we will be limiting the price rise to approximately 20%. These prices changes will be for the subscription renewals, product upgrades, and annual maintenance. We will provide (by email) a special discount code so that existing customers can automatically reduce the price during checkout. We will also proactively apply this special pricing when we provide quotes.
For users of our other products: Rapise, KronoDesk, there are no plans to change these prices, and the prices for 2019 will continue into 2020 unchanged.
In conclusion, if you already have unexpired quotes from us, we will continue to honor them at the price they were issued, so please make sure you place such orders as soon as possible.
If you have any questions about the pricing changes and how they will affect your account, please contact our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org