This error occurs because the Windows registry has some invalid references to the Rapise testing components. The following steps require that you modify the Windows registry, if you make changes to the registry it can cause irreparable harm to your computer, so please make a backup of the registry first and be very careful when making the changes to follow the instructions exactly:
- Open up the Windows registry editor using RegEdit.exe
- Click on the Computer node and choose Export. Save the entire registry to a .reg file so that you can revert back any changes
- Search the registry for keys that are named:
- When you find these entries (under Interface and TypeLib folders), please delete the keys.
- On 32-bit computers there will be a single entry for each, for 64-bit computers there will be two entries for each, one in the 32-bit hive and one in 64-bit hive. Delete both.
- Now close the registry editor
- Rapise should now work correctly.