Several Version Control Integration

Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Hello,
I have several products to manage with SpiraTeam which are managed trough two differents version control : HG and SVN.
I have installed and declared the both plug-in in the servers and in the administration interface but it's apparently impossible to enable the coexistence.
Have you an experience of that, is it possible to have two different source codes, one by project?
Regards
4 Replies
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
re: ogarrigues Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hi Olivier

Yes you can definitely have two different source code providers active, just configure them both in the system and then enable SVN for some projects and HG for the other projects. This is done by setting the appropriate Active = True for the different projects.

Regards

Adam

Wednesday, July 18, 2012
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, July 17, 2012
It's a great news! so, the issue must be related to our plug-in installation probably....we'll have a look.
Thank you.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
re: ogarrigues Wednesday, July 18, 2012
And just in case, is it possible to manage two type of "revision control software" in a same project: in my case, we have a product which has migrated from svn to hg between two releases which are both still alive.
I was willing to create two projects in order to manage two version control integration but it's difficult regarding the incidents.
What do you think about this specific case ?

Regards
Friday, July 27, 2012
re: ogarrigues Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No, I'm afraid it's currently based on having one provider (Hg, Svn, etc.) per project at a time.

You can switch projects between providers though....

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, July 17, 2012
  • Last Reply: Friday, July 27, 2012
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 6689