Cleaning up the Object Tree

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hi,

I'm in the middle of a big MS Dynamics AX 2012 project. There are a LOT objects as is now.

There are many, many duplicates, just recorded differently across few different versions of Rapise. For example, objects are recorded without wildcards Microsoft Dynamics AX, with wildcard:*Microsoft Dynamics AX* or  regex:.Microsoft Dynamics AX.*

Is there a way to cleanup the objects or find duplicates that I don't use in the tests, since I only use about 2/3 of recorded objects and it's getting messy already.

3 Replies
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
re: Hristovski Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hi Dimitar,

Here are the options that you have:

If you know that an object is not needed you can right click it and choose Remove. The same can be done with entire object groups (windows).

You can also open  *.objects.js file of a test in editor window and edit it by hand.

Regards,

Denis

Wednesday, July 18, 2018
re: inflectra.max Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Hi,

I know these two options, I use them for elements that I seldom find and delete, which aren't used.

I usually search for an element and if it's not found in *.user,js file, I delete it.

But there are many elements in *.objects.js file, it's 18.000 lines long and that's about 800 objects.

I need a lot of time to search all of the 800 elements (for now) and remove them one by one, by hand.

Wednesday, July 18, 2018
re: Hristovski Wednesday, July 18, 2018

I also have another problem with *.objects.js file:

SVN doesn't recognize it as a text/plain file.

I need to open it with a text editor (for example Notepad++) edit anything (select all text, copy and paste it on itself) and save it again, so I can commit it.

Otherwise it's recognized as a binary file.

p.s. Might be a special character or different encoding somewhere in the document.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, July 17, 2018
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, July 18, 2018
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 5001