Selenium Engine - Executing Test Set Closes Spira RemoteLauncher

Monday, June 27, 2011
Firstly, the way that I have Spira RemoteLaucher setup is that there are two files in the extension directory.
1. Selenium1.dll
2. ThoughtWorks.Selenium.Core.dll

I then start the Selenium Server by running the following in a command-line:

java -jar selenium-server.jar

Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but it works.

Both Attached and Linked Test Cases run through with no issues, except at the end of the Test Set the Spira RemoteLauncher Closes and the Selenium Server Hangs.

Nothing in the logs reference this occurrence.

On another note, I also have to remove the entire line that refers to <head profile=... in order to make the Selenium Test Case HTML files run without errors.

Thanks in Advance.
6 Replies
Monday, June 27, 2011
re: xenguard Monday, June 27, 2011

When did you download the Selenium-RC plugin for RemoteLaunch, some earlier versions couldn't handle certain attributes in the <HEAD> tag. Can you check the version number on the Selenium1.dll?

Also are you running the test set using the Execute button within SpiraTest or by letting RemoteLaunch poll for test sets?

Monday, June 27, 2011
re: inflectra.david Sunday, June 26, 2011

Inflectra Support

Can you check the version number on the Selenium1.dll?

The Selenium1.dll file version is 3.0.0.16086

Inflectra Support

Also are you running the test set using the Execute button within SpiraTest or by letting RemoteLaunch poll for test sets?

I am Executing the Test Set via the Execute button

Wednesday, June 29, 2011
re: xenguard Monday, June 27, 2011

If you use the EXECUTE method it will close RemoteLaunch after finished. You should simply set the PLANNED TIME for the Test Set and let RemoteLaunch pick up the scheduled test sets. The EXECUTE button is really only meant for testing that the scripts work.

Thursday, April 5, 2012
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Does RemoteLaunch support Selenium 2.0 WebDriver? if  Yes can you give me detail step by step instruction of linking all webdriver testscript and executing them from SpiraTest? 

Problem I am facing is:
After creating list of Automation Host and Automation Engine in SpiraTest, when I try to schedule test set to for planned date and time remote launch client on host machine does not seems to poll the schedule job. Any help?
Monday, April 23, 2012
re: nirmeshptl Thursday, April 5, 2012
Yes RemoteLaunch supports Selenium IDE, Selenium RemoteControl (1.0) and Selenium WebDriver (2.0). Please contact our support desk if you need specific instructions.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
re: nirmeshptl Thursday, April 5, 2012
Hi Nirmesh/Adam,

I am also using Selenium 2.0 WebDriver with RemoteLaunch (Screenshot). But I have added SeleniumRC as well in the extensions list (C:\Program Files (x86)\Inflectra\Spira RemoteLaunch\extensions).
When I Run my test cases(Selenium2) from Visual studio, I am not able to see the Test Runs updated in SPIRA Team site. Pls let me know am I expecting wrong.
I got the result as "Blocked" for the Testcase once, but this is executed on the Planned Date (scheduled time), but not whenever I execute the test from my solution.

(Steps:
1. Added Host with Token Win7.
2. Added Engine for SeleniumWebdriver and SeleniumRC under Administration/Integration section.
3. Updated TestSet - Type:Automation, Planned Date/Time and Hourly.
4. In the
SpiraTestConfiguration of my code, I have mentioned ProjectId, ReleaseID, TestsetId and SpiraTestcaseID at the method level.
5. For the TestCase in Spira I have given the Automation information as below.

sample code C# with Selenium:

using System;
using Inflectra.SpiraTest.AddOns.SpiraTestNUnitAddIn.SpiraTestFramework;
using Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting;
using NUnit.Framework;
using Assert = Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UnitTesting.Assert;
using Selenium;

namespace SpiraPOC
{
    [TestFixture, SpiraTestConfiguration("http://localhost:70", "fredbloggs", "fredbloggs", 1, 1,15, SpiraTestConfigurationAttribute.RunnerName.Selenium)]
    public class UnitTest1
    {

[Test,  SpiraTestCase(19)]
        public void SampleTest3()
        {
            //some code here
            Assert.IsTrue(true);
        }
        }
}

Regards,
Suresh