RemoteLaunchX Regular expressions not working

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

How can I interpret 'Success' as Success using regex in config.properties?

I have tried the following in config.properties:

fail-regex = .*

pass-regex = .*(Success).*

caution-regex = .*(Warning|Caution).*

blocked-regex = .*(Blocked).*

But, Spira then interprets 'Success' as failed.

3 Replies
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
re: Mats Andreasen Tuesday, June 13, 2017

I noticed that I was a bit brief in my original post.

So, the problem is that I am running RemoteLaunchX.jar. In config.properties there is a set of regex that interprets result from the tests being run. Default is that Fail, Caution and Blocked all have defined results, e.g. 'Error'|'Fail' etc. And everything else is interpreted as Success. This is strange since e.g. running an Python-script that goes wrong, throws an excpetion or whatever, will be interpreted as Success.

I have therefore tried to specify Sucess, and default everything else to Fail, which is a more useful configuration. This does not work however, as I wrote in the original post.

Anyone has an idea why this does not work as expected?

/Best regards

Thursday, June 15, 2017
re: mats.andreasen@ascom.com Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hi Mats

The default status for RemoteLaunchX is 'Not Run', unless any of the regex's match, in which case that status is used.

However 'Not Run' test runs don't get listed in SpiraTest / SpiraTeam, which caused the confusion, because there were prior 'Passed' test runs.

Regards

Adam

Thursday, June 15, 2017
re: mats.andreasen@ascom.com Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Here's a follow-up to this issue:

Here's the way RemoteLaunchX and Spira interpret the test run results: The test run will get Pass, Fail, Caution, or Blocked if the corresponding regex matches.  The status will default to Not Run if none of the regex expressions match.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, June 13, 2017
  • Last Reply: Monday, April 18, 2022
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 2782