Inflectra Customer Forums: Best Practices for requirement changes ? (Thread) Hi, I'm starting with SpiraTeam and I would like to know what is the best practices for requirement changes (like modification or deletion) without losing tracability ? I would like to : - Modify a requirement at a given release (change its description, its release version and reset its test coverage status) - Set a requirement as obsolete - Keep tracability of my requirement and its tested status at a given release. Best Regards, Xavier. en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/best-practices/1082.aspxthreadId=1082Xavier Vidal (xavier.devasconcelosnunesvidal@astrium.eads.net)Best Practices for requirement changes ? Hi, I'm starting with SpiraTeam and I would like to know what is the best practices for requirement changes (like modification or deletion) without losing tracability ? I would like to : - Modify a requirement at a given release (change its description, its release version and reset its test coverage status) - Set a requirement as obsolete - Keep tracability of my requirement and its tested status at a given release. Best Regards, Xavier. Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:30:12 -05002014-12-01T15:43:06-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/best-practices/1082.aspxmessageId=1931Inflectra Sarah (donotreply6@kronodesk.net) Hi Xavier The recommended best practice would be: Copy the requirement and point the Hi Xavier The recommended best practice would be: Copy the requirement and point the copy at the new release, making changes as necessary. Keep the old requirement pointing at the old release, mark as obsolete If you need the test case status / traceability separate for each of the two requirement versions, you will also need to clone the test case and have the new requirement point to the new test case and the old requirement point to the old test case. Regards Sarah Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:43:06 -05002014-12-01T15:43:06-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/best-practices/1082.aspx#reply1931