Project Archive Best Practices

Monday, July 30, 2012

We receive and process a large amount of testing requests each week, each having unique requirements and most have a separate SpiraTeam project number.  I would like to implement a strategy for archiving these projects, yet still maintaining access to previous Artifacts (Docs, Test Cases, Incidents, etc.) for reuse and reporting purposes.  I want to get the projects off the active project list, if possible, but still get to the data if needed.  We are on a SAAS Hosted system, so setting up a separate site as a project archive is not an option for us.  What best practice strategy does Inflectra suggest for Project Archiving purposes?  Thanks for any help on this. 

2 Replies
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
re: vsmith Monday, July 30, 2012

Hi Vanessa

The easiest solution would be to just make the Projects inactive (i.e. set Active = No). That way they will not appear in the active project list, but will remain in the system.

If you need a way to backup the projects to a flat file outside of the system, then you should use our new backup and migration tool:

https://www.inflectra.com/Downloads/SpiraProjectMigration.msi

Tuesday, July 31, 2012
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Adam, I've tried the approach of setting all Users to an Observer role and making the Project Inactive.  However, how do they then find and access the project data?  I've tried Searching on the Project Number, but that doesn't seem to find the project.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, July 30, 2012
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, July 31, 2012
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 4841