how to: quickly find a list test cases to be retested after fixed incident

Thursday, February 6, 2014
Hi,

we have hundreds of executed (failed) tests, hundreds of linked incidents.
A number of these incidents are fixed by now. How can I find the list of test cases in test sets that are still failed where an incident is attached that is closed. (so test cases that can be rerun)
Going through each test set one by one is not an option (due to too many)
A generated report will only be good enough if there are links present where one can click on to navigate straight to the test execution of this test case+set.

thx for any suggestion.
2 Replies
Friday, February 7, 2014
re: FilipBaert Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hi Filip

Probably the best option is the Test Case traceability report or the Test Case detailed report. They don't contain links by default, but you can customize the reports to add links where you need them.

Regards

Adam

Friday, February 7, 2014
re: inflectra.david Thursday, February 6, 2014
Adam,
thanks for the suggestion, this is indeed more or less what I need.

Additional question: can I start the execution of test case in a test set via a specific URL.
What I want to do: in this traceability report, if a test is failed and only present in 1 test set, I could add a link to immediately start the execution of this test in that set.
Otherwise, the tester needs to click on the test set, search there for the correct test and start executing from there. (several additional clicks).

for completeness and other users their assistance, this is the xslt for my report:

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, February 6, 2014
  • Last Reply: Friday, February 7, 2014
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 7494