Inflectra Customer Forums: Installation 4.2 fails due to Symantec (Thread) Hi, I tried to install the latest version of SpiraTeam, but the virusscanner puts a file in quarantine during installation. This causes the installation to fail, message is that a required dll is missing. I would like to know if this is a known issue and if there is a solution for it. The file involved is: Suspicious.Cloud.5, "MSI6E3C.tmp", "C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Temp\2\ Scanner detecting the file: Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1.4013.4013 I am not able to change the virus scanner easily, I would need the domain administrator to change/disable it for me. But before I go into trouble trying to bypass the virusscanner I would of course need to know if the file is indeed safe. Your help is appreciated. Kind regards, Yvette en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1026.aspxthreadId=1026Yvette Kingma (ykingma@delftdi.com)Installation 4.2 fails due to Symantec Hi, I tried to install the latest version of SpiraTeam, but the virusscanner puts a file in quarantine during installation. This causes the installation to fail, message is that a required dll is missing. I would like to know if this is a known issue and if there is a solution for it. The file involved is: Suspicious.Cloud.5, "MSI6E3C.tmp", "C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Temp\2\ Scanner detecting the file: Symantec Endpoint Protection Version 12.1.4013.4013 I am not able to change the virus scanner easily, I would need the domain administrator to change/disable it for me. But before I go into trouble trying to bypass the virusscanner I would of course need to know if the file is indeed safe. Your help is appreciated. Kind regards, Yvette Tue, 07 Oct 2014 12:56:09 -04002014-10-07T15:56:50-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1026.aspxmessageId=1869David J (support1@inflectra.com) Hi Yvette This is probably a topic better addressed through a help desk ticket. The short a Hi Yvette This is probably a topic better addressed through a help desk ticket. The short answer is basically - the installer is safe and you will need to temporarily disable Symantec during installation. Then you can re-enable it afterwards. Regards Adam Tue, 07 Oct 2014 15:56:50 -04002014-10-07T15:56:50-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1026.aspx#reply1869