Filter Sharing between Projects

Wednesday, October 28, 2015
I seem to be filling this forum recently but I just want confirmation on this one.

I have created a Project that I will use as a template for all future projects with custom fields, standard releases, etc. I have created a filter on the requirements and would like this to be included in the copy of the template project when it is created.If I copy the project template, or create a new project based on the template, it doesn't include the saved filter (but copying the project does copy requirements, releases, etc. 

Is there a way to include this saved filter in the copy of a project at the moment? Or a way to share the filter between projects?
3 Replies
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
re: Robbie Wednesday, October 28, 2015
Hi Robbie

Currently the filters are not copied between projects using either the 'Project Copy' or the 'Create Based on Existing' I'm afraid.

Regards

Adam
Friday, November 6, 2015
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Thanks for the clarification Adam,

I have set the show/hide columns I want on the requirements page, and every time I log in, I can see the columns I want. I don't mind setting the show/hide columns myself during the setup phase (although it would be handy if they copied) but I cannot seem share this view with the rest of the project members. I have tried saving it as a filter but this does not work.

Is it possible for me to apply the same columns view of requirements for all project members? Rather than each project member having to show/hide the columns themselves?
Friday, November 6, 2015
re: Robbie Friday, November 6, 2015
No, I'm sorry, that's not possible currently. We may add that capability in a future release. For now, each user will need to show/hide the columns.

Regards,
Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, October 28, 2015
  • Last Reply: Friday, November 6, 2015
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 2517