SpiraTeam upgrade to 5.0.0.0 failed: stop backup attachment database

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My company is running a server with SpiraTeam version 4.2. I would like to upgrade to version 5.0/5.1.

When I try to run installer to upgrade to version 5.0 or 5.1, the installer report a fail and close without upgrading anything.

The moment when the fail message is shown to me, the main form of the installer is showing the message "backing up attachment repository".

I've already tried moving the attachment folder to the same machine where the server is running (which is already the same machine where I'm running the installer), but nothing changed.

What can be the cause of the failed upgrade? Should I install a new 5.1 server from scratch and migrate the database + attachment + config to the new server? If that is the case, there is a guide on the steps to do this?

Thanks

1 Replies
Thursday, March 30, 2017
inflectra.jimx
re: claudio.genta Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hi Claudio,

I would recommend logging a support ticket on our website for this issue.

There are many reasons it could fail, but most likely the backing up of the Attachments folder is taking up too much space on your drive. Try renaming the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SpiraTeam\Attachments to something else before doing the upgrade.

Regards

Jim

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
  • Last Reply: Thursday, March 30, 2017
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 1415