Inflectra Customer Forums: Database operation fails for Testrun articles (Thread) How can I resolve this? ACTION: 1. Goto Testrun page 2. Check 1 to many items 3. Either click the Delete button or R-click/Delete Results: The page shows it is endlessly working. On refresh a message occurs, System Error: The server method 'Retrieve' failed. Expected Behavior: Items should successfully delete. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I have coupled SpiraTeam with my method of test automation. I have built a webservice layer that manages the following operations: - Get testcases via testsets - Get data from documents in Spirateam - Dynamically create a release - Upload results to Spirateam - Upload error documents to SpiraTeam - Update the testset I create a lot of unwanted data in SpiraTeam and after some time of testing and debugging, I consistently delete: - Releases - Testruns - Attached documents So there is a chance I have caused a corruption. Is there a way to resolve the problem? en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/170.aspxthreadId=170Margaret D Thomas (mtha@amfpension.se)Database operation fails for Testrun articles How can I resolve this? ACTION: 1. Goto Testrun page 2. Check 1 to many items 3. Either click the Delete button or R-click/Delete Results: The page shows it is endlessly working. On refresh a message occurs, System Error: The server method 'Retrieve' failed. Expected Behavior: Items should successfully delete. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: I have coupled SpiraTeam with my method of test automation. I have built a webservice layer that manages the following operations: - Get testcases via testsets - Get data from documents in Spirateam - Dynamically create a release - Upload results to Spirateam - Upload error documents to SpiraTeam - Update the testset I create a lot of unwanted data in SpiraTeam and after some time of testing and debugging, I consistently delete: - Releases - Testruns - Attached documents So there is a chance I have caused a corruption. Is there a way to resolve the problem? Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:36:24 -04002011-10-04T15:47:38-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/170.aspxmessageId=319Margaret D Thomas (mtha@amfpension.se)When I attempted to delete the testruns from the testcase, this error occurs. Inflectra.SpiraTestWhen I attempted to delete the testruns from the testcase, this error occurs. Inflectra.SpiraTest.Business.ArtifactNotExistsException: Test Run 610 doesn't exist in the system. I reviewed the database and it appears the items are not in the database but displayed in gui. Tue, 04 Oct 2011 07:43:26 -04002011-10-04T07:43:26-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/170.aspx#reply319messageId=324David J (support1@inflectra.com)That means the test runs were deleted. It may be that so many had to be deleted that it timed out duThat means the test runs were deleted. It may be that so many had to be deleted that it timed out during the deletion. To resync up the test case data, go to Administration > Data Tools and click on the option to Refresh the Test Execution Status. That should fix the issue.Tue, 04 Oct 2011 15:47:38 -04002011-10-04T15:47:38-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/170.aspx#reply324