Inflectra Customer Forums: Issues with synchronizing SpiraTeam and Jira using Desktop DataSync (Thread) I am using Spira Desktop DataSync to synchronize the SpiraTeam server with Jira. When I start synchronization on the desktop application, it shows that it finds the plug in but then gives me this error: The description for Event ID 0 from source DesktopDataSync cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: Could not load file or assembly JiraDataSync or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at Inflectra.SpiraTest.AddOns.DesktopDataSync.UserInterface.Options.syncTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table What could be the problem? en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspxthreadId=1779Adam Nguyen (adamnguyen73@gmail.com)Issues with synchronizing SpiraTeam and Jira using Desktop DataSync I am using Spira Desktop DataSync to synchronize the SpiraTeam server with Jira. When I start synchronization on the desktop application, it shows that it finds the plug in but then gives me this error: The description for Event ID 0 from source DesktopDataSync cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer. If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event. The following information was included with the event: Could not load file or assembly JiraDataSync or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) at Inflectra.SpiraTest.AddOns.DesktopDataSync.UserInterface.Options.syncTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e) the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table What could be the problem? Fri, 01 Dec 2017 21:23:21 -05002018-04-02T20:30:52-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspxmessageId=3174Jim R (donotreply5@kronodesk.net) I would recommend logging a help desk ticket for this. Regards Jim I would recommend logging a help desk ticket for this. Regards Jim Fri, 01 Dec 2017 21:44:15 -05002017-12-01T21:44:15-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspx#reply3174messageId=3250Jeff Smith (jeff.smith@medimpact.com) inflectra.jimx I would recommend logging a help desk ticket for this. Regards Jim Im experi inflectra.jimx I would recommend logging a help desk ticket for this. Regards Jim Im experiencing this same error and would really appreciate knowing the resolution. Thanks, Jeff Smith MedImpact Inc Tue, 27 Mar 2018 23:34:34 -04002018-03-27T23:34:34-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspx#reply3250messageId=3251Kat A (support2@inflectra.com) Hi Jeff, This means that the proper Jira DataSync DLLs were not copied into the Desktop DataSyncs Hi Jeff, This means that the proper Jira DataSync DLLs were not copied into the Desktop DataSyncs install location - or if they are, NTFS properties/security is preventing the user that the Desktop Sync is using to read the DLLs. Please see the manual for details. If you are still having trouble, feel free to create a Help Desk ticket . Regards, Elise Mon, 02 Apr 2018 16:09:45 -04002018-04-02T16:09:45-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspx#reply3251messageId=3254Jeff Smith (jeff.smith@medimpact.com) Thanks Elise, I was able to get this resolved last week. I uninstalled and reinstalled DDS and per Thanks Elise, I was able to get this resolved last week. I uninstalled and reinstalled DDS and perhaps it was just a matter of being more thorough with the instructions on the second try. Jeff Mon, 02 Apr 2018 20:30:52 -04002018-04-02T20:30:52-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1779.aspx#reply3254