Need your help in importing test cases to Spira.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hi,

I am exporting the test cases from a testing tool called 'Test Link'.  I can export the Test Cases along with their steps in an excel but this excel format or extract is not compatible with SPIRA for me to upload them directly into the SPIRA tool.
Is there a utility that i can use to convert the Test Link extract format into a SPIRA compatible format?

Thanks,
Sneha

2 Replies
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
inflectra.jimx
re: sneha_sp Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hi Sneha,

You can paste the test cases from the TestLink CSV export into a Spreadsheet, and then use the SpiraTest Excel Add-In to do the upload into SpiraTest. However it might require some manual cut and paste to align them fields.

I know that we are considering building a TestLink importer if we have a trial customer, so if you can email sales@inflectra.com we might be able to assist.

Regards

Jim

Thursday, November 29, 2018
re: inflectra.jimx Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Hi Jim,

Thanks for you response, yes like you said it requires a lot of manual effort since we have around 10000 test cases to migrate and this approach is not feasible, i will be writing an email to sales@inflectra.com if you can help me with some utility that would help me in importing to Spira it would be of great help.

Thanks,

Sneha

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, November 28, 2018
  • Last Reply: Thursday, November 29, 2018
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 1497