Integrating Spira Team with TFS

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Team,

I would like to integrate  Spira with TFS. Our scrums are run in TFS and requirements are captured in Spira. We plan to capture bugs also in Spira.  This is more towards achieving traceability between requirements-code-bugs and linkage to documents if any (eg design docs)

Wanted to know 

1. How the UI would look once integrated and the benefits of integrating both applications.

2. Will creating a bug in Spira indeed create a task/bug in TFS?

3. Do you have any ppts/documents which explain the benefits of integration and how the screens would look like?

4. How can this integration help towards traceability. Will clicking on a task in TFS take us to the requirement in Spira?

5. Do you have any document on how to integrate these applications?

6. I already have the Spira team license. is there any other license I need to take to integrate TFS to Spira

Please fill me in with whatever information you can provide regarding this. 

Thanks,

Sneha

3 Replies
Wednesday, December 5, 2018
inflectra.jimx
re: sneha_sp Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for your questions:

1. The UI doesn't change much in either application. We basically add an additional field in SpiraTeam called "TFS ID" that shows you the TFS ID of the various matching artifacts (requirements, incidents, releases/iterations, and tasks)
  2. Yes, creating a bug, creates a new task in TFS
  3. Yes absolutely:
     SpiraTeam External Bug Tracking Integration Guide
  4. Yes we add hyperlinks in both tools in both directions. Also within SpiraTeam you have all the information in once place (requirements, tests cases, tasks, defects, etc.) and can run traceability reports to show all the information.
  5. Yes absolutely: 

SpiraTeam External Bug Tracking Integration Guide

6. For on-premise customers there is no additional cost, for cloud customers, you will need to add one license of the "cloud data sync" add-on.

Regards

Jim

Friday, December 7, 2018
re: inflectra.jimx Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Jim,

Thanks for the quick response. This really helped.

Some more basic questions:

1) Our TFS is on-premise and Spira on cloud. Can we integrate these?

2) Where can I find the dlls to integrate both applications?

3) Do we have to pay in advance for these DLLs or is there a trial version we can use to see how the integration works and then make a purchase?

4) How much is charged for the license of the "cloud data sync" add-on.

Thanks,

Sneha

Friday, December 14, 2018
re: sneha_sp Friday, December 7, 2018

Hi Sneha,

Thanks for the questions:

1) Yes, we have the free DesktopDataSync tool that you install behind the firewall. It connects to your TFS and synchs with Spira in the cloud.

2) See our webpage - https://www.inflectra.com/SpiraTeam/Downloads.aspx

3) The DesktopData Sync and TFS DLLs are here: https://www.inflectra.com/SpiraTeam/Downloads.aspx

4) You don't need the cloud-sync add-on, that is only for the case when TFS is also cloud hosted.

Regards

Adam

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, December 5, 2018
  • Last Reply: Friday, December 14, 2018
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 7033