Inflectra Customer Forums: V5 REST API error updating a Test Case via PUT (Thread) When trying to use the V5 REST API to update a Test Case using the PUT method described on this documentation page , the API throws back an error The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is Nullable object must have a value.. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is: etc etc The Body of the PUT request Im sending is {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name}. Even if I just send a Body with just the TestCaseId field in it, I get the error. Ive also tried formatting the Body as {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name} and {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name} and still get the same error. Unfortunately, the documentation page doesnt say which of the fields are mandatory, but Im assuming at least the TestCaseField is required. The documentation also doesnt say what format the fields need to be (numerical / text etc) so I guessing that too. Im new to SpiraTeam / SpiraTest, but the REST API documentation seems quite vague and uninformative compared to other platforms with REST APIs that I use. en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspxthreadId=1972David Bakkers (david.bakkers@dimensiondata.com)REST API v5 errorV5 REST API error updating a Test Case via PUT When trying to use the V5 REST API to update a Test Case using the PUT method described on this documentation page , the API throws back an error The server encountered an error processing the request. The exception message is Nullable object must have a value.. See server logs for more details. The exception stack trace is: etc etc The Body of the PUT request Im sending is {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name}. Even if I just send a Body with just the TestCaseId field in it, I get the error. Ive also tried formatting the Body as {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name} and {TestCaseId:79537,Name:Updated Name} and still get the same error. Unfortunately, the documentation page doesnt say which of the fields are mandatory, but Im assuming at least the TestCaseField is required. The documentation also doesnt say what format the fields need to be (numerical / text etc) so I guessing that too. Im new to SpiraTeam / SpiraTest, but the REST API documentation seems quite vague and uninformative compared to other platforms with REST APIs that I use. Fri, 18 Jan 2019 02:23:17 -05002019-01-30T07:31:13-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspxmessageId=3500David J (support1@inflectra.com) Hello, Normally with our REST API when doing a PUT, you need to first do a GET of the entire JSON Hello, Normally with our REST API when doing a PUT, you need to first do a GET of the entire JSON object, then make changes to the fields you need and the do a PUT back. We have concurrency checking and there various fields you need to provide, many of which are mandatory (e.g. Concurrency Date). Also for these questions, Id recommend a help desk ticket vs. a forum post if you want specific help for you REST API call. Regards Adam Fri, 18 Jan 2019 12:01:56 -05002019-01-18T12:01:56-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspx#reply3500messageId=3502David Bakkers (david.bakkers@dimensiondata.com) Thanks Adam Its a shame that the documentation doesnt tell the reader any of this. If a full GET n Thanks Adam Its a shame that the documentation doesnt tell the reader any of this. If a full GET needs to be done before the PUT, then why not say so in the documentation? If there are various fields that need to be submitted in the PUT, then why not say which ones in the documentation? It sure would beat having to guess all this stuff or work it out via trial and error. In the future Ill submit these issues via the Help Desk. Mon, 21 Jan 2019 03:40:55 -05002019-01-21T03:40:55-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspx#reply3502messageId=3503David J (support1@inflectra.com) Youre welcome. I understand. It is our plan to improve the documentation in such ways in the futur Youre welcome. I understand. It is our plan to improve the documentation in such ways in the future. Regards Adam Mon, 21 Jan 2019 13:15:46 -05002019-01-21T13:15:46-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspx#reply3503messageId=3511manali kadam (kadammanali987@gmail.com) Excellent topic. Thank you for this. Excellent topic. Thank you for this. Wed, 30 Jan 2019 07:31:13 -05002019-01-30T07:31:13-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/1972.aspx#reply3511