Installation and word templates

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hi,

I have two questions, the first concerning installation and the second concerning reports from SpiraTeam.

My organization has one SpiraTeam license, the installation of the software is located on a server that-¦s accessible from Internet. My question is if I may install another instance of SpiraTeam on a different server without purchase a new license? The reason is that we would like to test new releases on a non-operational instance of SpiraTeam, before we go live. The second installation of SpiraTeam shall only be used by one person and only internally.

The second question concerns the ability to modify Word reports from SpiraTeam. Is it possible, in anyway, to modify the existing report templates?  

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
Friday, January 20, 2012
re: PeterHall Friday, January 20, 2012
I'm interested in the same license-related concept - to be able to have our PROD server, as well as a TEST server so we can prove out the updates prior to rolling into our PROD environments.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Peter Hall

My question is if I may install another instance of SpiraTeam on a different server without purchase a new license? The reason is that we would like to test new releases on a non-operational instance of SpiraTeam, before we go live. The second installation of SpiraTeam shall only be used by one person and only internally.

You are allowed to install a second installation of the software with the same license key as long as the second is only for testing / staging purposes. With the Enterprise Edition of SpiraTeam you are in addition allowed multiple production instances in the same legal organization.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Peter Hall

The second question concerns the ability to modify Word reports from SpiraTeam. Is it possible, in anyway, to modify the existing report templates?  

Yes you can modify these reports by going into the Reports\Transforms and Reports\Templates folder and changing either the underlying template for stylistic changes and the XSLT file for content changes (e.g. add/remove fields).

Thursday, May 3, 2012
re: inflectra.david Friday, January 27, 2012
Inflectra Support
Yes you can modify these reports by going into the Reports\Transforms and Reports\Templates folder and changing either the underlying template for stylistic changes and the XSLT file for content changes (e.g. add/remove fields).

Am I right in thinking that this option is only available to self-hosted versions of Spirateam or is there an option to change the templates for versions hosted with you?

Regards,

Simon

Thursday, May 24, 2012
re: smnhicks Thursday, May 3, 2012
It's only possible with the self-hosted version unless you want to email us the updated XSLT files. In v4.0 it will be replaced with a GUI-driven templating system that will be available for hosted and on-premise.
Friday, June 8, 2012
re: inflectra.david Thursday, May 24, 2012
Inflectra Support
It's only possible with the self-hosted version unless you want to email us the updated XSLT files. In v4.0 it will be replaced with a GUI-driven templating system that will be available for hosted and on-premise.

Thanks for the reply.  

How configurable will the templates be in v4.0 and when is version 4.0 likely to be available for self-hosted customers?

Tuesday, June 26, 2012
re: smnhicks Friday, June 8, 2012
Version 4.0 will have a WYSIWYG editor instead of the templates. The date for v4.0 is looking like end of August.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, January 20, 2012
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, June 26, 2012
  • Replies: 7
  • Views: 3130