Proposal: redesign workflow settings

Monday, November 15, 2021

Currently is is possible to use only radio-buttons to choose should this field be shown/hidden and etc.

But in reality we may have a situation that this particular field on a step "Completed" should be hidden+Required or Disabled+Required that currently it is not possible to set using radio-buttons.

May advice you to switch from radio-buttons to check-boxes and the mission will be completed. So not a big deal, but that will make eveybody's lives easier.

6 Replies
Monday, November 15, 2021
re: ilyapolyakov Monday, November 15, 2021

It used to be checkboxes, but it does not make sense because hidden  + required does not work (for example) so we switched them to radio buttons to avoid people making contradictory settings.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021
re: inflectra.david Monday, November 15, 2021

David, it works:

• Disabled+Required means that it should be filled during previous workflow step, but can not change on a current. For example, at Complete status you can not change actual effort as it was reviewed by project manager, but you need to filll it previous stage.
  • Hidden  + required is about the same. You need to fill a value before a transition goes but you don't need to see it as it used only in custom reports.
re: ilyapolyakov Monday, November 15, 2021

It doesn't work because the setting only applies for the destination status.

That's why we switched them to radios.

re: inflectra.david Tuesday, November 16, 2021

So make the field required for Status A

and hidden for Status B.

That will do the same thing.

where A --> B

Wednesday, November 17, 2021
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, November 16, 2021

It doesn't work because the setting only applies for the destination status.

And it will work:

such settings "Disabled+Required" will prevent us from the transition till the field is filled. Example:

1. From "In Progress" status I am trying to move to "Completed" (where Disabled+Required).
  2. Till the field is filled is won't allow us to go there as the field is Required
  3. After we move there and status is Completed, a field will be read-only.

That's what I need! Try please, it works separately, behaviour is as I wrote, but I need both options.

Wednesday, January 19, 2022
re: ilyapolyakov Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Are there any news when it is going to be implemented?

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, November 15, 2021
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
  • Replies: 6
  • Views: 2179