how to export requirements AND their corresponding TASKS from one project to another?

Monday, July 9, 2012
I tried many ways, but it doesn't seems to work...
1. I created a new project, and checked the "Based on Existing Project".  Results: it doesn't import none of the requirements (nor the tasks)
2. I exported the requirements from project A to project B. Results: I only exported the requirements, BUT didn't export their corresponding tasks.
3. I made a copy of a Project A. Result: The new copy has only the requirement of the original... NO Tasks copied.
4. I also exported the tasks from Project A to project B.  Results: The task did migrate, but they weren't linked to their corresponding requirements--even when I did export the requirements before hand.
4 Replies
Monday, July 9, 2012
re: nbouslah Monday, July 9, 2012

You are correct, none of these methods will copy the tasks associated with the requirements.

We are about to release a project backup/restore/migration tool that will allow you to migrate complete projects (including requirements and tasks) that will be able to do this. It should be released next week.

Monday, July 9, 2012
re: inflectra.david Monday, July 9, 2012
Thanks Adam.
This will be a handy workaround. The issue with duplicating a requirement with its task still remains correct? For instance, this wouldn't help if I want to duplicate [withing the same project] for example a couple of requirements with their associated tasks, or would it?

Friday, July 27, 2012
re: nbouslah Monday, July 9, 2012
No, I'm afraid not.
Friday, August 17, 2012
re: inflectra.david Friday, July 27, 2012

Hi Adam,

I have a similar issue. For a year now we have stored requirements as separate projects. We would like to change that now.
We would like to have a project called something like "Maintenance". Under that project we would store the requirements.
Is it possible to migrate the projects with their test cases to requirements?

Thank you very much for your reply

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, July 9, 2012
  • Last Reply: Friday, August 17, 2012
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 4763