Inflectra Customer Forums: Preferred browsers and their known limitations (Thread) All At our company, it appears everyone has their favoured browser and they often experience different behavour in Spira when doing the same stuff. I sometimes work on test machines with a mixture of browsers installed, and find myself closing one in favour of another because something (often something seemingly trivial but nonetheless annoying!) is behaving oddly or not at all. A quick example is that in Firefox you can drag-and-drop the columns in a list view page to present the order you prefer. But in Chrome it just doesn't seem to let you. Nothing here (or at least I am assuming so) points to a limitation of Spira , which we love. But some users here don't see the best of it because their chosen browser has limitations. So, what browsers do people prefer when running Spira? en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/516.aspxthreadId=516Andy Smith (andy.smith@infoterra-global.com)Preferred browsers and their known limitations All At our company, it appears everyone has their favoured browser and they often experience different behavour in Spira when doing the same stuff. I sometimes work on test machines with a mixture of browsers installed, and find myself closing one in favour of another because something (often something seemingly trivial but nonetheless annoying!) is behaving oddly or not at all. A quick example is that in Firefox you can drag-and-drop the columns in a list view page to present the order you prefer. But in Chrome it just doesn't seem to let you. Nothing here (or at least I am assuming so) points to a limitation of Spira , which we love. But some users here don't see the best of it because their chosen browser has limitations. So, what browsers do people prefer when running Spira? Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:29:09 -05002013-04-11T13:58:48-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/516.aspxmessageId=951David J (support1@inflectra.com) Hi Andy I'll let other users respond, but from our perspective, the functionality should be Hi Andy I'll let other users respond, but from our perspective, the functionality should be almost identical between browsers with some known exceptions: - IE7/8 will display the application without some of the newer CSS3 effects (e.g. rounded corners) and won't allow you to export a graph to an image file - IEand Opera won't check for unsaved changes because of a bug in the way they handle that event Regards Adam Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:12:43 -05002013-02-22T17:12:43-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/516.aspx#reply951messageId=1032David Bentham (david.bentham@se.consafelogistics.com) Just like to add my tuppence worth here, from my experience and comments from my users, IE is into Just like to add my tuppence worth here, from my experience and comments from my users, IE is intolerably slow and doesn't do the application justice when run on a client that is not fully specked with a super fast processor and abundant memory, I personally went over to Firefox and have gone further now to Chrome just for the better performance, I found other limitations in Firefox and wasn't mithered trying to find the solution but instead just started using Chrome instead. Thu, 11 Apr 2013 13:58:48 -04002013-04-11T13:58:48-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/516.aspx#reply1032