Jenkins Data Not Uploading To SpiraTeam

Wednesday, June 5, 2013
I have successfully configured Jenkins to talk to SpiraTeam by using the following information.

I have confirmed I can successfully connect to the release version in SpiraTeam for the Jenkins Build Job.

Whenever I kick off another build in Jenkins, the build history is never sent to SpiraTeam. Is the documentation above old or incorrect? Is there a log file that shows what happening in the SpiraTeam plugin?
5 Replies
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
re: gpeters Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Hi Greg

Assuming that you're using a standard Jenkins build job, the SpiraTeam plugin should automatically send back the results to SpiraTeam. Any errors will be included in the standard Jenkins console log.

However if you're using a Maven project, the plugin will not "see" the build because Maven jobs don't call the same extension points within Jenkins.

If you are using a standard job and it's still not working, I'd recommend logging a help desk ticket with us and provide information on the type of Jenkins job and also any errors reported in the Jenkins console output.

Regards

Adam

Wednesday, June 5, 2013
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, June 5, 2013
I am using a maven style build. Consider updating the above documentation to note that maven style build in Jenkins are not supported.
Wednesday, June 5, 2013
re: gpeters Wednesday, June 5, 2013
Better yet. Remove the option inside Jenkins to "Enable Spira Integration" from maven style builds.
Friday, December 7, 2018
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, June 5, 2013

This seems to be a very old thread but now I am using Maven project in Jenkins and I want the Jenkin Build Job results to be updated in SpiraPlan.

I still see the issue. Do you still not have the support for Maven project in Jenkins with SpiraPlan. I am using the plugin version v3.2.1

Please reply.

Thursday, January 10, 2019
re: skishore Friday, December 7, 2018

I checked and the Jenkins Plug-In still does not support Maven-style jobs.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, June 5, 2013
  • Last Reply: Thursday, January 10, 2019
  • Replies: 5
  • Views: 2050