Importing Excel sheet (Test cases) data to Spira

Friday, June 7, 2013
Hi, I am trying to import excel sheet (test cases) to Spira. I have filled in all the required fields in the excel sheet which i downloaded form inflectra. I am receiving added/updated 0 rows successfully. Why is not adding to Spira team under selected project?

Thanks,
Raji
4 Replies
Sunday, June 9, 2013
re: krajeswari Friday, June 7, 2013

Hi Raji

I would recommend logging a support help desk ticket on our website and attach the actual Excel sheet (populated) so that we can see how you're filling it in.

Otherwise we'd have to hazard a guess, most likely you don't have at least one test step in the test case being imported?

Regards

Adam

Monday, June 10, 2013
re: inflectra.david Sunday, June 9, 2013
Thanks Adam.Actually I am using the downloaded excel sheet as it is. so excel sheet has other unneeded sheets. I will try again now with only test case tab and see. I will log a support ticket if that doesn't work. 

Regards,
Raji
Thursday, September 5, 2013
re: krajeswari Monday, June 10, 2013
I am new to using spiraTeam.  My company is doing a trial use of spectra team and I am trying to upload a set of testcases from our current test management to Spectra.
I used the format of the excel spreadsheet as documented by the migration guide.  So, the spreadsheet I have have a worksheet called 'Test Cases' and another worksheet called 'LookUps'

When I export to Spira, i get some errors - it says i have 63 errors and that the error is shown on the spreadsheet right next to the data but I look at the spreadsheet and I dont
see any errors.  So, I dont know what to fix.

Some of the data are upload to Spira but the uploaded data are mostly the folders.  The testcases and test steps under the folders are not uploaded.

Another question is the indentation of the information.  The data needs to be indented to reflect hierarchy? 
For example, if I have a folder then the testcase under the folder have to be indented to indicate that it is under the folder in the excel spreadsheet?

Any help/info would be really helpful. 
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
re: krajeswari Friday, June 7, 2013
Hello Glenda

If the export fails, the errors are reflected on columns to the extreme right of the active sheet. Also ensure that you select the right artifact before clicking on export in Excel, as I often tend to land into errors and then notice that I dint have the right option selected in the drop down i.e. Requirements, Releases, Test Cases, etc.

Indentation is not really essential unless you have selected the correct type in the Template i.e. whether it a FOLDER, TestCase or a TestStep.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Praveen

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, June 7, 2013
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 4428