Inflectra Customer Forums: Exporting partial Test Cases from SpiraTeam to Excel (Thread) Hi, it seems as though whenever I try and export Test Cases to excel from SpiraTeam, every single TestCase is brought down from the entire project. Is there any way I can set it to just export Test Cases from a specific folders or Test Set? en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspxthreadId=740LaRae White (lwhite.consultant@renre.com)Exporting partial Test Cases from SpiraTeam to Excel Hi, it seems as though whenever I try and export Test Cases to excel from SpiraTeam, every single TestCase is brought down from the entire project. Is there any way I can set it to just export Test Cases from a specific folders or Test Set? Sat, 19 Oct 2013 13:53:09 -04002013-11-05T17:45:37-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspxmessageId=1344David J (support1@inflectra.com) Hi LaRae To export specific test cases or folders, we'd recommend using the Reports section Hi LaRae To export specific test cases or folders, we'd recommend using the Reports section of SpiraTeam and then filtering the report by test case (or test folder) ID. Then choose MS-Excel as the report output format. Regards Adam Mon, 21 Oct 2013 01:35:02 -04002013-10-21T01:35:02-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1344messageId=1345LaRae White (lwhite.consultant@renre.com) I'm sorry Adam, but this is unhelpful. The Reporting options for export do not export to your I'm sorry Adam, but this is unhelpful. The Reporting options for export do not export to your standard "SpiraImportTemplate". Reporting seems to be good for only that, reports. We need the ability to export specific test cases or sets to the same format we used to import them, i.e. Inflectra's template provided "SpiraImportTemplate". This way we can make changes and updates to large test sets as a whole, when doing so within SpiraTeam would prove long and exhaustive. Currently the only way I can seem to export tests in this format to excel is if I do so for the entire Project. Obviously, this is an issue. Exporting Projects in bulk take time and are quite large files to deal with, and in the long run unmanageable. To reiterate, I'd like to know how to export specific test cases/folders of test cases(test sets) back to the "SpiraImportTemplate". Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:23:29 -04002013-10-21T14:23:29-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1345messageId=1346Lynn J Harden (lynn.harden@icognition.com.au) Not sure if it is useful, but I had the same issue when needing to output a subset of test ca Not sure if it is useful, but I had the same issue when needing to output a subset of test cases for running 'offline'. I found the only/easiest way to do so was to use another field to filter by, For instance, using the priority field - filtering by 'x' value. Or you could use a custom field. 'Course, you have to put a value into that field for the TC you want but.... Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:58:27 -04002013-10-21T22:58:27-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1346messageId=1348LaRae White (lwhite.consultant@renre.com) I don't follow at all, there's no option to filter by value when trying to export to excel. (A I don't follow at all, there's no option to filter by value when trying to export to excel. (ADD-INS tab within Excel) There's a very limited number of options to chose from, including: Project, Artifact, and Test Run Date, which doesn't seem to do anything nor is there any documentation on it.Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:52:53 -04002013-10-22T16:52:53-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1348messageId=1355LaRae White (lwhite.consultant@renre.com) Bump... anyone from Inflectra support able to help out? Adam? please... Bump... anyone from Inflectra support able to help out? Adam? please...Tue, 29 Oct 2013 13:27:05 -04002013-10-29T13:27:05-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1355messageId=1356Zoltán Major (z.major@mortoff.hu) LaRae White We need the ability to export specific test cases or sets to the same format we u LaRae White We need the ability to export specific test cases or sets to the same format we used to import them, i.e. Inflectra's template provided "SpiraImportTemplate". This way we can make changes and updates to large test sets as a whole, when doing so within SpiraTeam would prove long and exhaustive. Hi, If you use version 4.0 or later, then you can modify the built-in reports. The export template can be altered to show the same columns in the same order as the spirateam template does. And when reporting, just use the provided filters to export the required Test Cases, Test Sets. Then you can copy the whole stuff into the template, make changes and upload the modified test cases. Note, that you don't have to have all of the test cases shown in the excel template - those test cases will not be modified. Note, that filtering is available only if you alter the built-in report sections. If you use the custom reporting function, then the filter ability goes away - so that is not an option. I hope this hepls - if not then there are some other workarounds too, but they need programming skills: - make some automated service that will import all of the test cases from every project into separate excels. - use the provided API with the SDK to make a small application to download the proper test cases in proper format (so it can be used to upload data to SpiraTeam directly from the downloaded excel). Regards, Zoltán Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:44:41 -04002013-10-30T10:44:41-04:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1356messageId=1360LaRae White (lwhite.consultant@renre.com) Zoltán Major LaRae White We need the ability to export specific test cases or sets to th Zoltán Major LaRae White We need the ability to export specific test cases or sets to the same format we used to import them, i.e. Inflectra's template provided "SpiraImportTemplate". This way we can make changes and updates to large test sets as a whole, when doing so within SpiraTeam would prove long and exhaustive. Hi, If you use version 4.0 or later, then you can modify the built-in reports. The export template can be altered to show the same columns in the same order as the spirateam template does. And when reporting, just use the provided filters to export the required Test Cases, Test Sets. Then you can copy the whole stuff into the template, make changes and upload the modified test cases. Note, that you don't have to have all of the test cases shown in the excel template - those test cases will not be modified. Note, that filtering is available only if you alter the built-in report sections. If you use the custom reporting function, then the filter ability goes away - so that is not an option. I hope this hepls - if not then there are some other workarounds too, but they need programming skills: - make some automated service that will import all of the test cases from every project into separate excels. - use the provided API with the SDK to make a small application to download the proper test cases in proper format (so it can be used to upload data to SpiraTeam directly from the downloaded excel). Regards, Zoltán Hi Zolt án, You mentioned being able to alter the export template that the Test Case/Set Summary Reports will be exported to, how so? Having it altered beforehand to look as it does in the SpiraTemplate so that when I select export it will export the right format and information would be a life saver. I didn't realize we could make changes to how reports are exported beforehand and save it as such for all future exports. Could you please elaborate on that, or where changing this would be at in SpiraTeam, I cannot seem to locate this functionality. Mon, 04 Nov 2013 19:31:22 -05002013-11-04T19:31:22-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1360messageId=1361Vanessa Smith (vanessa.smith@flhosp.org) Hi LaRae, Since you didn't get an answer yet I'll respond. Check out the SpiraTeam Administra Hi LaRae, Since you didn't get an answer yet I'll respond. Check out the SpiraTeam Administration manual section 3.8.3 Edit Reports. You will need to make a copy of the Standard report you want to alter, click the Customize link in the Standard Section to be changed, and then modify the XSLT template to output the data to match the SpiraImportTemplate. It'd be nice if someone has done this already for them to share it on the Forum. I'm sure others besides yourself would be interested in it. Good luck, Vanessa Tue, 05 Nov 2013 17:45:37 -05002013-11-05T17:45:37-05:00/Support/Forum/spirateam/issues-questions/740.aspx#reply1361