Themes & Customisations issue with Version 4

Friday, December 20, 2013

Themes & Customisations issue with Version 4

First we Upgraded + Patch from version 3.2 to 4.0 – Successfully.

Then we tried to add our own organisation particular themes and customisations (which we have successfully added in previous upgrades) but this failed as they display inaccurately compared to previous versions.

We copy our particular themes and customisations to C:\Program Files\SpiraTeam\App_Themes

Has anyone had similar issues with Version 4.0?

Has the underlying architecture changed in 4.0?

2 Replies
Friday, December 20, 2013
inflectra.sarahx
re: jirvine0 Friday, December 20, 2013
Hi James

The stylesheets have changed considerably in v4.0, so you can use the same approach, but you need to start with the current InflectraTheme.css and InflectraTheme.skin files and then make changes to those. Any existing styles from v3.2 or earlier will not work.

Best regards
Sarah.
Thursday, January 16, 2014
re: inflectra.sarahx Friday, December 20, 2013

Hi Sarah,

One of my colleagues got the following reply from Adam (Inflectra Support) for ticket 9155 in relation to the issues we are having adding our own customisations - see reply below:

In version v4.0 we changed the stylesheets and HTML markup of the application, so any custom stylesheets and other theme elements will not work with v4.0. What your team will need to do is:
1. Make a copy of the standard InflectraTheme folder that comes with SpiraTeam (it's in the App_Themes subfolder of the main installation), e.g. RevenueTheme
2. Change the ThemeName in the Web.Config file to use the new Theme (e.g. RevenueTheme)
3. Rename InflectraTheme.css, InflectraTheme.skin and InflectraTheme_Mobile.css to the new name
4. Change any references of InflectraTheme to RevenueTheme in the .skin file
5. Now change the colors, images, etc. to make it look the way you want.

Now I believe I did the above five steps correctly but I had no luck with the customisations.

Is there anything you might see that we are doing wrong?

Thanks,
James

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, December 20, 2013
  • Last Reply: Thursday, January 16, 2014
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 3130