mapping of test cases to requirements/releases

Friday, March 28, 2014
My team has a really difficult time keeping on top of mapping test cases to requirements and releases. It seems to me that whenever a test cases is mapped to a requirement that is part of a specific release, that test case should automatically be added to that release as well. However, that does not happen automatically and we are left with no way to easily query to find out which ones were left out. Is there some technique that should be employed to make sure this doesn't happen? 

Otherwise, I think I would request a new feature to automatically map a test case to the associated release when mapped to a requirement, or provide a way to filter the test cases to easily see this information.
1 Replies
Monday, March 31, 2014
inflectra.jimx
re: gferreri Friday, March 28, 2014
Hi Greg

The good news is that we do have that listed as an open enhancement, in the meantime there is a shortcut whereby if you assign a test set to a specific release (being executed), if when you execute the test set, any of the contained test cases are not already mapped to the release, the system will automatically add a mapping.

Regards
Jim

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, March 28, 2014
  • Last Reply: Monday, March 31, 2014
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 2418