Test Set Execution

Thursday, July 10, 2014
While trying to execute the Test Case under Test Set, i see the status (as passed / failed). But when i come out and try to execute the same after a day or so (or from where i left), it does not take me to the last execution state. It prompts me to execute from beginning and also does not show any status of execution. (all are greyed out)
4 Replies
Friday, July 11, 2014
re: vijaykrishnamurthy Thursday, July 10, 2014
Hi Vijay,

To resume test set execution from where you left off, go to your "My Page" and look under "My Pending Test Runs". From there, click on "Resume".

Regards,
Elise
Monday, July 14, 2014
re: inflectra.kat Friday, July 11, 2014
Thanks Elise !!! Is there any other option to go to the "My Pending Test Runs" ? 

Also, if there are 2 persons executing this, how would we manage ? Because - 1 person might have tested some 50% of the scenarios and other person would want to try and execute the remaining 50%.
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
re: vijaykrishnamurthy Monday, July 14, 2014
Hi Vijay,

Unfortunately, if one person started executing a test set, there's no way for someone else to finish it. Test sets are designed to be a package of test cases to be run by one person in order.

Regards,
Elise
Thursday, September 4, 2014
re: inflectra.kat Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Wait, that's not entirely accurate.

We had the same problems and there is another workaround to this. If you have a test set with multiple test cases, within the test set and under the "Test Cases" section, you may assign owners to each individual test case. For example, if a test set has three test cases as such:
Test Case Name  Owner                Priority  Est Dur   Act Dur  Last Executed  Execution Status   ID
Create Account    Roger Q Ramjet                                                                Not Run                TC10001
Clear Account      Fred Bloggs                                                                      Not Run                TC10002
Modify Account    Roger Q Ramjet                                                                Not Run                TC10003

When you do this, Spira locks access to test execution for TC10001 & TC10003 to Roger Q Ramjet's login and TC10002 to Fred Bloggs.  When Roger finishes executing the first test, he can only view the second test, but he can execute the third test. Meanwhile, Fred waits for Roger to finish the first test, then executes his part by continuing on in his queue.

This will not work in all cases, but we've found it helpful with end to end tests where users with different system authority can continue one test set across the system.
Try it out!

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, July 10, 2014
  • Last Reply: Thursday, September 4, 2014
  • Replies: 4
  • Views: 10289