Retrieving username in custom report

Monday, March 29, 2021

I'd like to make a report called something like 'My daily changes' for reviewing purposes. This would list all artifact changes made by 'me' (the one requesting the report) on the current date. This in order to summarize changes I have just made to submit to the review group, so they know what artifacts and changes to look at. 

The data itself is no problem, but I can't see a way to easily retrieve the name /ID of the user that has pressed the 'Generate Report' button.  Perhaps ESQL provides some function to retrieve the LDAP login name of the 'current user' but I really need the Spira user ID so I can filter the records using this.

If this is not available, consider this a feature request, which I think should not be too hard to implement (something like having a token {$UserId} in my query). I'm sure I could think of several other useful things to do with this (My Assigned Defects, My tasks, etc....)

3 Replies
Tuesday, March 30, 2021
re: dl.pie Monday, March 29, 2021

Hello,

That is a good idea. I have passed that on to our product team as an enhancement for our backlog.

Regards

David

Monday, July 12, 2021

Yep, I am waiting for these features too.

Friday, July 16, 2021

I think, that another easy to implement feature additionally to ${UserID} is to add ${APIKey}.

First of all, it is safe to provide such key for a user, who owns it)

Goal of it is too use API's from custom reports.

Several use-cases:

• Custom report is designed to get all requirements for the project, but user could be interested to see from custom report some analytics about incidents. Retrieve ALL information about incidents in advance is retrieving too much information that is not used.
  • Another example that custom report may show analytics (that is retrieves in aggregate) through all projects but based on a user click it could be interesting to dive into details.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, March 29, 2021
  • Last Reply: Friday, July 16, 2021
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 1085