Upgrade from 4.2.0.10 to 5.0.0.5

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hello!

I am currently running SpiraTest version 4.2.0.10 and preparing to upgrade to 5.0.0.5. Is there any guide or best practises to follow?. Or is it pretty straightforward?

I have connected the application to a external running database on another server, do the database need any adjustments?

I am new to this forum, so please do not hesitate if you need more information.

1 Replies
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
re: bilaloslo Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Hi Bilal.

Our biggest problem has been with the new way folders are working.

Earlier our test cases were lying in a specific folder, in the order chosen by us. We had many TC with the same name, but as they were lying in different folders - no problem.

But when we had the new version the TC were sorted alphabetically and all lying in the Root, whereas the folders were collected in their own space, also sorted alphabetically. This meant that the information regarding order of execution that was kept in the old folders was lost.
I suggest that you change the name of all your folder by prefixing a sequence number to the name - that way you'll keep the order of the folders as they were.

Also change the name of all your test cases the same way if possible - that way you'll keep the order of the TC as they were.

PS. Test Cases assigned to test set keep their sequence in the test set.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, July 12, 2016
  • Last Reply: Thursday, November 15, 2018
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 7694