Inflectra Customer Forums: Monthly Server Testing (Thread) I have almost 150 servers that are regularly patched and tested after patching. Planning an initial round of update/testing for all 150 servers. Subsequently will do regular monthly updates for subsets of the 150 servers. Would like to set up Releases in Spiratest, add the servers to the appropriate release and associate test scenarios and scripts to the servers, test and document the results. And then reuse test scripts in next release. Tried setting up each server as a requirement but once the requirement is added to a release it cannot be added to another release. Do I load up the set of servers again for the next release? Or would it be better to create the servers as a custom list and add them to releases? Or is using components a better pathway? Has anyone else set up repetitive testing for a set of servers? en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spiratest/best-practices/2132.aspxthreadId=2132Patricia Buickerood (pbuickerood@thegemgroup.com)Monthly Server Testing I have almost 150 servers that are regularly patched and tested after patching. Planning an initial round of update/testing for all 150 servers. Subsequently will do regular monthly updates for subsets of the 150 servers. Would like to set up Releases in Spiratest, add the servers to the appropriate release and associate test scenarios and scripts to the servers, test and document the results. And then reuse test scripts in next release. Tried setting up each server as a requirement but once the requirement is added to a release it cannot be added to another release. Do I load up the set of servers again for the next release? Or would it be better to create the servers as a custom list and add them to releases? Or is using components a better pathway? Has anyone else set up repetitive testing for a set of servers? Fri, 27 Dec 2019 16:19:47 -05002022-02-23T20:26:20-05:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/best-practices/2132.aspxmessageId=3711David J (support1@inflectra.com) You can map the test case many to many to releases. Would that work for you? Otherwise you can cre You can map the test case many to many to releases. Would that work for you? Otherwise you can create a custom list MultiList property of the names of servers and add that to requirements and releases. Mon, 06 Jan 2020 14:41:37 -05002020-01-06T14:41:37-05:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/best-practices/2132.aspx#reply3711messageId=4279Ilia Poliakov (ilya.polyakov@edetek.com) We need associations between releases and requirements too. Telling the truth we need associations We need associations between releases and requirements too. Telling the truth we need associations (and their different types) between all entities including tasks (additionaly to direct including task/requirement into the release that is how it is done now). See my topic: Releases, Associations tab, proposal - Thread - Inflectra Wed, 23 Feb 2022 19:52:06 -05002022-02-23T19:52:06-05:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/best-practices/2132.aspx#reply4279