"add to release" on selecting a folder takes too much tests

Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Hi,

I have a test case tree with 2300 tests.
2100 of them are valid for release 1.0
2200 of them valid for release 2.0
these are spread in the same folders (1 folder can contain tests valid or not for either release)
we now want to start preparation for release 3.0
so the way to do this is:
get all tests applicable for 2.0 and add these to release 3.0

however, if I set in the test case list "display data for R2.0", and select all test cases (via select all checkbox), than all tests are added to R3.0, even the ones that were not valid for R2.0.
So a folder that contains 40 test cases of which only 30 are visible in the "display data for R2.0" will still assign 40 test cases to R3.0.

how to cope with this??
going over the folders one by one and selecting the test cases manually is not an option.

thx for any suggestion.
Filip
5 Replies
Thursday, September 25, 2014
re: FilipBaert Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Hi Filip,

That's true -- if you select a folder, that will cause everything in it to be added to R3.0. The only solution I can think of is to select all first, and then UNselect the folders one by one.

Regards,
Elise
Thursday, September 25, 2014
re: inflectra.kat Thursday, September 25, 2014
Hi Elise,

thanks for the reply.

can it be taken as an enhancement in the future? it works counter-intuitive.
Deselecting 150 folders in a tree is not something I want to do every couple of months...
Friday, September 26, 2014
re: FilipBaert Thursday, September 25, 2014
Hi Filip,

Yes, I can understand that! The good news is that SpiraTeam version 4.3 will include major usability enhancements for test cases and test sets. My understanding is that this issue will no longer exist in version 4.3.

Regards,
Elise
Wednesday, December 9, 2015
re: inflectra.kat Friday, September 26, 2014

Hi,

I am using SpiraTest V4.2.0.9, and I am experiencing the same issue as stated here.  Is there a planned implementation of changing this behavior yet?

Regards

Breunus

Friday, December 11, 2015
re: vanlutterveldb Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Hi Breunus,

Yes, for version 5.0, which will be released soon, the test case UI has been redesigned. The folders will be somewhat separate from the test cases themselves, so this issue will no longer exist.

Regards,
Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
  • Last Reply: Friday, December 11, 2015
  • Replies: 5
  • Views: 3050