How to move a test case into another folder?

Tuesday, January 27, 2015
I have folder F that contains test case T and subfolder F1. I would like to move T into F1. How do I do that? Thanks.
2 Replies
re: soglesby Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Hi Scott,

One way is to drag the test case below the subfolder, and then indent the test case. Try clicking on refresh at the top of the screen if it doesn't look like the test case is within the subfolder.

The other way is to "cut" the test case and then paste it. To paste, select the next item AFTER the subfolder. Then indent the test case.

Note that right-clicking on an item will bring up a context menu, from which you can select various operations such as indent and paste.

Regards,
Elise
re: inflectra.kat Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Thank you for the response. Here's how I got it to work (on OSX):
  • Chrome behaves better than Firefox
  • Context menus sometimes have Spira items, sometimes have the generic browser items
  • Hover over the folder or test case icon; mouse cursor should change into CSS "cursor.move" (4 arrows)
  • Drag the icon, not the testcase text or title
  • Dragging only seems to change vertical order; indent or outdent to add/remove from folder (as Elise said). Cannot drag directly into folder
  • I couldn't drag past the last row, meaning I could not drag anything to the bottom position. You'll have to drag the current bottom-dwelling thing upward
Good luck to everyone else :-)

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, January 27, 2015
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 9432