Inflectra Customer Forums: Reporting on test cases "In progress" (Thread)Morning, I am wondering whether there is a way for Spiratest to report a test case as "In progress" when some steps have passed but some remain as NR - at the moment, these show as NR which does distort reporting, in particular on test cases which may either i) take a longer time to run, or ii) have some dependency on an interface for example (so tester A has done everything they can and are now waiting on tester B, or some other process to execute a step). If this is a config issue then please advise if there is a way of addressing this, or if this is not possible then can I request this be added as an enhancement request (a lot of other tools used have this status). Regards, Paul en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1252.aspxthreadId=1252Paul French (paul.french@roqit.co.uk)Reporting on test cases "In progress"Morning, I am wondering whether there is a way for Spiratest to report a test case as "In progress" when some steps have passed but some remain as NR - at the moment, these show as NR which does distort reporting, in particular on test cases which may either i) take a longer time to run, or ii) have some dependency on an interface for example (so tester A has done everything they can and are now waiting on tester B, or some other process to execute a step). If this is a config issue then please advise if there is a way of addressing this, or if this is not possible then can I request this be added as an enhancement request (a lot of other tools used have this status). Regards, Paul Thu, 16 Jul 2015 07:43:12 -04002015-07-23T18:20:20-04:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1252.aspxmessageId=2183Paul French (paul.french@roqit.co.uk) In addition to this, noticed that even when I look with the test cases themselves, when testers ar In addition to this, noticed that even when I look with the test cases themselves, when testers are updating the test steps, they are not visible to anyone else (e.g. lead) until either there is a fail or block, or all test steps are passed (these seem to be the conditions which tag a test case as "ended"). If these are limitations then these are making things very difficult on the reporting and monitoring side of things. Thu, 16 Jul 2015 08:48:11 -04002015-07-16T08:48:11-04:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1252.aspx#reply2183messageId=2253Kat A (support2@inflectra.com) Hi Paul, Your description of SpiraTest's behavior is accurate. That's how it works now with Hi Paul, Your description of SpiraTest's behavior is accurate. That's how it works now with version 4.2. While a person is in the process of executing a test case, no one else sees any evidence of that. That's by design. But I see your point. The test lead or manager can't determine the accurate up-to-the-minute status, the way it is now. Our next major release, which is being worked on right now, will include major enhancements to test cases and test sets. I passed on your feedback for consideration. Note that if your testing process is to put together test cases into test sets and assign the test sets to testers to execute, the test set progress is updated as each test case is completed. You might want to try to keep your test cases relatively short and then create test sets for executing. Regards, Elise Thu, 23 Jul 2015 18:20:19 -04002015-07-23T18:20:19-04:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1252.aspx#reply2253