Test Case Summary Report with enumerated Linked Test Case Steps

Monday, August 24, 2015
Is there a way to have the Test Case Summary standard Report include the enumerated steps of any linked test cases?  So - the output would be like the Printed Test Case report - but have all of the other fields that are available in the Test Case Summary Report.

Thanks for the help.

4 Replies
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
re: bkstigler Monday, August 24, 2015
Hi Brian

That is possible, just create a new report based on the Printable Test Script one and add in the fields that you want to the XML Template (XSLT). You can view the report in Raw XML format to see which fields are available to report on.

Regards
Adam
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
re: inflectra.david Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Thanks for the reply Adam...  however...  I had already followed that logic and did not get the hoped for results.  I've tried several XSLT mod options with no success.

The Printable Test Scripts report does show that the "ExecutionStatusName" field is in the report XML for each test step...  however, no value is ever assigned to that tag/field for each test step.  In the Test Case Summary report - a value of passed, caution, failed is provided for each of the individual test steps (same ExecutionStatusName tag).  And this would be a good report - except it doesn't enumerate the Linked Test Case steps - whereas the Printable Test Scripts report does.

So...  Although it may appear to be as simple as you state...  it does not work that way in practice - hence my request for help. 

I would like to see all of the test steps in a test case (including the enumerated steps of linked test cases) and the actual status of the individual test steps.  Maybe the underlying query for the Printable Test Scripts report has an error and that would explain why ExecutionStatusName is not displayed???

Thanks for any further clarification you can offer.
Friday, August 28, 2015
re: bkstigler Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Hi Brian

Could you please submit this as a help desk ticket so that we can have a more interactive conversation?

Thanks
Adam
Monday, August 31, 2015
re: inflectra.david Friday, August 28, 2015
Ticket submitted,
Thanks Adam

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, August 24, 2015
  • Last Reply: Monday, August 31, 2015
  • Replies: 4