Changed requirements

Monday, July 11, 2016
Hello,

I am new to Spira and try to evaluate whether it is suited to be used by our company. One question that came up what happens if a requirement needs to be changed in a later phase, i.e. there are already test cases linked to the requirement and might already have been executed. If the requirement changes the test cases might need to be revisited.
Is there a way implemented that the corresponding test cases are somehow marked to be checked? I don't want it to be mandatory for the whole test case to be run again, in case just a typo was corrected, but I want to make it mandatory that all test cases linked to the changed requirement have to be checked, if they are still valid.
Something like a traceability matrix in which only the changed requirements are displayed against the corresponding test cases and you have to click on the individual fields to set them "checked" or "OK".

best regards
Sebastian Wandernoth
2 Replies
Friday, July 15, 2016
inflectra.jimx
re: Sebastian.Wandernoth Monday, July 11, 2016
Hi Sebastian

In the current version you can simply run the Requirements Traceability Matrix report and choose to filter the requirements by their changed date (e.g. This Week, Today or a custom date range) then you'll see all of the recently changed requirements and their associated test cases.

In the near term we are adding the auto-suspect facility where any test case with a changed requirement will have a special 'suspect' flag marked as True.

Regards

Jim
Monday, July 18, 2016
re: inflectra.jimx Friday, July 15, 2016
Hi Jim,

thanks for your answer ... again ;-)

This auto-suspect facility sounds like it is exactly what we are looking for. I can't wait to try it out :-)

One more question:
Is there a possibility to get the traceability matrix in form of an actual matrix with requirements in rows and test cases in columns? I find this much easier to read to get an overview of the coverage of all requirements... I know that I can export it as xml and write a small script to convert it to a matrix, but if it is already implemented somewhere and I just didn't find it yet I would gladly skip that task ;-)

regards
Sebastian

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Monday, July 11, 2016
  • Last Reply: Monday, July 18, 2016
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 3792