Unwanted Email Notifications for all testers on defect creation, status or any change or comment in the defect

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hi team,

Could you please guide me on the email notification issue. Email notifications are being sent out to all testers if any tester creates or make changes or assigned to other tester. All the testers are getting email notification for the defects of modules not related to them. For time being, I have turned it off. Email notification is expected only to the user who is owner of the defect and username in the detected by field. We have now UAT phase and need this functionality at very urgent basis. Can anyone help. I have dropped email to the support team but don't know how to contact them.

Please guide me on this major issue.

Thanks,

Manju

2 Replies
Tuesday, August 30, 2016
re: bhoskarm Tuesday, August 30, 2016

SPIRA  details :

Platform: Windows :8.1

Product version: 5.0.0.8

Browser: IE version 11

URL: https://homegroup.spiraservice.net/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2f

Tuesday, September 6, 2016
re: bhoskarm Tuesday, August 30, 2016
Hi Manju,

The notifications are completely configurable. It sounds like you need to update your configuration. Instead of sending notifications to everyone with certain roles, select Owner and/or Detector/Opener.

Note that, for incidents, there are two separate types of notifications:
  1. Administration -> Incidents -> Edit Workflows. Then look at all workflows and all transitions to make sure they are set up properly.
  2. Administration -> Notifications -> Notification Events.
If you'd like to log a support ticket, click on "Help Desk" on the main menu above. (https://www.inflectra.com/Support/Ticket/List.aspx)

Regards,
Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, August 30, 2016
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, September 6, 2016
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 7021