Can't get Jira integration to work

Thursday, October 13, 2011
I'm trying to get an instance of SpiraTest v3.1 to synchronize with an instance of Jira v4, so far without any success. How important are the mappings. I've done all the standard ones, but not custom ones such as component. For the project I want to synchronize I need to configure 20 components - I'm not sure that's possible in SpiraTest.

I get the following error in the event log

General Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Inflectra.SpiraTest.PlugIns.Jira4DataSync.JiraSoapService.JiraSoapServiceService.login(String in0, String in1)
   at Inflectra.SpiraTest.PlugIns.Jira4DataSync.DataSync.Execute(Nullable`1 lastSyncDate, DateTime serverDateTime)

Thanks for any help
3 Replies
Friday, October 14, 2011
re: ndeanhl Thursday, October 13, 2011
Can you please try entering the JIRA URL that's stored in the data synchronization plugin configuration page into a web browser. It should display the phrase "This is an AXIS Service". Do you see this? Also what is the actual JIRA URL that you're using?
Sunday, October 16, 2011
re: inflectra.david Friday, October 14, 2011
This turned out to be a silly mistake on my part. The Jira instance I was using was using port 8082; onmce I changed the URL data was transferred
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
re: ndeanhl Sunday, October 16, 2011
I'm glad that it was a simple fix :-)

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, October 13, 2011
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, October 18, 2011
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 3706