Test Runs Import Issue: Unable to import "Status , Actual Result and Incident Name" from Spira Test to Excel

Friday, April 13, 2018

When I tried to Import Test Runs (Spira Test to Excel), I noticed that the status of all test cases  did not seem to get marked correctly as all remain as "Not Run" (I have executed the test set with "Passed", "Failed" & "Blocked" status. 

On top of that, the Actual result and Incident Name were not extracted into Excel (fields remained empty). How do I resolve this issue? 

1 Replies
Friday, April 13, 2018
re: juebberry Friday, April 13, 2018

Hi,

It sounds like you might have a misunderstanding of the test run import/export functionality. It's completely different than the other items, such as requirements and test cases.  When you import test runs, the Office Add-In downloads the list of Test Cases and Test Sets that are currently assigned to you. The purpose is to execute test cases while disconnected from your network and then upload the results from Excel back into SpiraTest as a single batch.  Please see section 2.4.7 of the Integration Manual for details.

Regards,

Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, April 13, 2018
  • Last Reply: Friday, April 13, 2018
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 2753