Inflectra Customer Forums: Tone of error and validation messages (Thread) Im working in a test folder, picking cases to add to a test set, and notice a test case with a recent failure. I want to open that case in a new tab, but get the error message: You need to select exactly ONE checkbox for the Open Item command! Could Spira please not do this. There are many things the GUI makes difficult or tiresome, and being scolded does not help. This has bothered me for a while -- maybe theres a better way to make an enhancement request -- but could you please have a UX person review user messages for the tone you want to convey. Thank you. en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1867.aspxthreadId=1867Scott O (soglesby@hytrust.com)Tone of error and validation messages Im working in a test folder, picking cases to add to a test set, and notice a test case with a recent failure. I want to open that case in a new tab, but get the error message: You need to select exactly ONE checkbox for the Open Item command! Could Spira please not do this. There are many things the GUI makes difficult or tiresome, and being scolded does not help. This has bothered me for a while -- maybe theres a better way to make an enhancement request -- but could you please have a UX person review user messages for the tone you want to convey. Thank you. Mon, 18 Jun 2018 18:11:19 -04002018-06-20T16:02:05-04:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1867.aspxmessageId=3321Clark R (simon.bor@inflectra.com) Thanks for this feedback. Ive passed this on to the team to explore along with other messages in th Thanks for this feedback. Ive passed this on to the team to explore along with other messages in the system. Its always difficult to balance features with ease of use. We work hard to get this right -- including with our tone. Feedback like this really helps. If you wish to pass on any other feedback about the GUI wed love to hear from you. The best way of doing that is to email us at support@inflectra.com. Wed, 20 Jun 2018 16:02:05 -04002018-06-20T16:02:05-04:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/1867.aspx#reply3321