Record Test Equipment details

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Hi,

We're looking at using Spiratest to record our requirements/tests for products. Our software is typically embedded in a device (i.e. firmware) and we usually have to record the hardware that was used to perform the test (not as a requirement, simply to say what we used to do the test). We also have to record the details of any calibrated equipment we use to make measurements when ensuring the software performs as intended (i.e. tachometer to measure speed, clamp meter to measure current, etc)

What's the best way to record this information in SpiraTest?

Thanks

2 Replies
re: DThompson Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Hi DThompson,

We would recommend creating custom properties on the Test Run artifact.

You can have text, list, etc. properties that the user fills out when they execute the test.

This is because test case custom properties are set at design-time, but test run custom properties are set at run-time.

Regards

David

re: inflectra.david Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Thanks.

The sort of worked - at least pointed me in the right direction.

The issue with applying it to the test run is that there is only one field to  populate and we may not know what equipment is required until we get to the test case.

Applying a custom text field to the test case works though. Although appears as a field at design-time, it also appears during the test run at each case so we can add equipment details against each case.

Thanks

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, October 21, 2020
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, October 21, 2020
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 978