Jira 4 Spiratest 3.2 Integration issue working with Jira components

Thursday, November 15, 2012
G'Day Spiratest Gurus,

I am the Jira administrator and not really experienced spiratest user however I was given the task of the integration of these products. So, after following the documentation, I have spiratest v3.2 and Jira v4.2 integrated this way:

2 spiratest projects to the same Jira project but to two different components

Spiratest stream 1   <-> Jira Project A Component 1
Spiratest stream 2 <-> Jira Project A Component 2

It works fine in the Jira side (issues created in Spiratest gets mapped in the right component in Jira and do not get duplicated)
No so good  in the spiratest side for issues created in spiratest in one stream (gets mapped right in Jira) but gets duplicated in the other stream also the Jira project A has more than 2 components and when an issue is created in different components still gets mapped in both streams of spiratest (with blank component) .

Is there a way to avoid duplicate issue in spiratest? or the only way is to map the two streams to two different Jira projects

Cheers
Carlos

Warm regards
Carlos
3 Replies
re: creyes Thursday, November 15, 2012
Hi Carlos

Unfortunately we only recommend (and support) mapping one SpiraTest project to one JIRA project. The components in JIRA should get mapped to a custom property field in SpiraTest rather than to try and map to multiple projects.

Regards

Adam

re: inflectra.david Thursday, November 15, 2012
Thanks Adam for the quick reply, now to convince my client that he has to create 3 Jira projects so it can be mapped to their equivalent 3 Spiratest ones
Cheers
Carlos
Wednesday, October 9, 2013
re: inflectra.david Thursday, November 15, 2012
Adam (Support)
Hi Carlos

Unfortunately we only recommend (and support) mapping one SpiraTest project to one JIRA project. The components in JIRA should get mapped to a custom property field in SpiraTest rather than to try and map to multiple projects.

Regards

Adam

Good day,

Can you please confirm if this one-to-one relation is also/still applicable for SpiraTeam 4.0 and Jira 5?

Regards

Pieter

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Thursday, November 15, 2012
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, October 9, 2013
  • Replies: 3
  • Views: 3449