Inflectra Customer Forums: How to update the Test Step status using the SpiraImportExport webservice reference. (Thread) Hi SpiraTest Support, I would like to know, how can I update the status of a Test Step inside a Test Case using the webserice reference. Currently I am able to get the list of test steps in a test case and its associated atributes like Test StepID , Test StepDescription ,etc. //to retrieve list of test cases RemoteTestCase[] rtcList = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveByTestSetId(automatedTestRun.TestSetId.Value); int? a = rtcList[0].TestCaseId; int b = a.Value; //RemoteTestStep[] rtst = rtcList[0].TestSteps ; try { RemoteTestCase remoteTestCase = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveById(b); RemoteTestStep[] remoteTestSteps = remoteTestCase.TestSteps; } catch (Exception) { throw; } Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Satyabrata Saha en-US(C) Copyright 2006-2024 Inflectra Corporation.support@inflectra.com/Computers/Software/Project_Management//Computers/Software/Quality_Assurance/KronoDesksupport@inflectra.comhttp://www.inflectra.com/kronodesk/forums/threads120/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/440.aspxthreadId=440Satyabrata Saha (satyabrata.saha@synechron.com)How to update the Test Step status using the SpiraImportExport webservice reference. Hi SpiraTest Support, I would like to know, how can I update the status of a Test Step inside a Test Case using the webserice reference. Currently I am able to get the list of test steps in a test case and its associated atributes like Test StepID , Test StepDescription ,etc. //to retrieve list of test cases RemoteTestCase[] rtcList = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveByTestSetId(automatedTestRun.TestSetId.Value); int? a = rtcList[0].TestCaseId; int b = a.Value; //RemoteTestStep[] rtst = rtcList[0].TestSteps ; try { RemoteTestCase remoteTestCase = spiraExport.TestCase_RetrieveById(b); RemoteTestStep[] remoteTestSteps = remoteTestCase.TestSteps; } catch (Exception) { throw; } Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Satyabrata Saha Fri, 30 Nov 2012 05:07:55 -05002012-11-30T21:06:06-05:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/440.aspxmessageId=837David J (support1@inflectra.com) Hi Satyabrata The issue is that ExecutionStatusId is read-only for test steps since it's act Hi Satyabrata The issue is that ExecutionStatusId is read-only for test steps since it's actually generated by recording a test run against the test case in question. To update the status you'd need to use the TestRun_Save(...) command instead. Typically you use the TestRun_CreateFromXXX functions to generate the list of test runs for a specific test case or test set. Then you iterate through the test runs, provide the ActualResult and ExecutionStatusId on all the test steps and then save the results back. Regards Adam Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:06:06 -05002012-11-30T21:06:06-05:00/Support/Forum/spiratest/issues-questions/440.aspx#reply837