spiratest- jira integration questions

Wednesday, March 6, 2013
I am trying to integrate our spiratest system (SpiraTest v4.0 (007))  with our jira (5.0)  and i have some problems.

1) in jira we have the field "Affects Version/s" that as far as i can determine should correspond with spiratests "Releases"   however the data only flows from spiratest to Jira and not the other way.
and the data only moves if you create a incident with that relese selected.   We need to change this as the plan is to handle all releasees in jira.

2) we have several list type custom properties that are uppdated regularely.  is there a way to get spiratest to just overwrite its data with the data from JIRA on uppdates. 
(if not could you consider adding this functionallity in a uppdata as this would make administration simpler.) 
2 Replies
Friday, March 8, 2013
re: wilchr Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hi Christoffer

1) The data should flow in both directions for versions / releases, however it will only create a release/version when an incident or issue is assigned to it. However you can always manually create the releases/versions in the other system and link them explicitly as described in the integration guide (by populating the JIRA DATA SYNC ID field of the Release).

2) It's not possible currently and I've logged it as an enhancement request for you.

Regards

Adam

Tuesday, March 12, 2013
re: inflectra.david Friday, March 8, 2013
Thank you for the answer even if it diffident help much. 
 Because this means that we cant have a situation where the releases are created in jira (as they are done now)  and issues are created in spiratest as the amount of releases will be to many to update manually.

This seems to a general problem with the integration between spiratest and Jira that you can't set one side to be "master" and let the other side be slave.
It might be an idea to change the enhancement request to be general for the integration.  As i quess that lots of the code will be reusable and it would help a lot of other persons :)

ps- how do i find the status of enhancement requests ?   

best regards

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, March 12, 2013
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 2431