Creating a detailed test plan (test cases) for review

Friday, April 19, 2013
Trying to create a report with the test case details for a specified set of test cases i.e a test plan to send out for review. The individual tests are organized into folders in Test Cases, each folder representing a particular test area or feature. I want to be able to create a detailed report (title, description, test steps) of all the test cases organized within a particular folder. The report filtering does not seem to allow you to narrow down to folder within Test Cases. I can get the correct set of tests from a Test Set, but it doesn't allow for the details I want. Filtering by owner, or author doesn't help because users may have several folders worth of tests in any given project.

How can I create this report?
2 Replies
Monday, April 22, 2013
re: spaynter Friday, April 19, 2013

Hi Stuart

If you enter the ID of the test case folder into the special Test Case # filter box in the Report Configuration screen, it will actually filter the report to include only the test cases that are inside that folder.

Regards

Adam

Monday, April 22, 2013
re: inflectra.david Monday, April 22, 2013
I have the same sort of dilemma to.  I add the Test Cases in the organization (folders) that I now.  I then create a Test Set, linking different test cases to the Test Set.  Some new test cases, some old test cases... Now come times to send out a report so the team can review the work that the tester will be doing.  When creating a report on the Test Set, it just displays the title of the test case, no steps included.  not much help.
But then reporting on the Test Cases, it is possible to report on the test cases by entering in a folder id number, but quite often, that folder also includes other test cases that aren't planning on executing.  Its 'possible' to get what you want in this report, but very often it includes many other test cases, and it takes a lot of work to weed out the test cases you don't want to include in the report.  

it would be sweet if the Test Set report could also include the test steps of each test case involved.  That way, those reviewing the work that the tester will be doing would have everything included and nothing else.

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, April 19, 2013
  • Last Reply: Monday, April 22, 2013
  • Replies: 2
  • Views: 5586