Several testers executing one test set

Wednesday, July 3, 2013
RolandBoeni
If have a test set with several test cases. One tester is starting with the execution of the test. After some test cases a new tester has to continue with the remaining test cases. How can we do that? They test execution is only showing on the first testers "My page".
1 Replies
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
re: RolandBoeni Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Hi Roland,

It's good timing for your question. It turns out that there was a bug in this functionality and we just released a fix for it in patch 12 for SpiraTest 4.0.

Here's how it should work:  In the test set details, assign the various testers to the various test cases as "owner". (not within the test cases themselves)  Set the owner of the entire test set to the first tester. As you said, the first tester will see it on his/her My Page. The other testers won't see it at first. But once the first tester starts to execute the test set, it will appear on the other testers' pages under "My Pending Test Runs" and they can click "Resume" to execute their parts. SpiraTest won't allow testers to execute test cases that are assigned to someone else, but they can see the status of all the test cases and steps.  However, it does not enforce the sequence of testing, so they may have to communicate with each other for the test execution to go smoothly.

Let us know if you have further questions after applying patch 12.

Regards,
Elise

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Wednesday, July 3, 2013
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, July 3, 2013
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 3385