Test Runs Custom Report

Friday, July 12, 2013
I'm trying to create a custom report that lists all the all Test sets with test cases and steps to complete those test cases. The standard "Test Set Detailed Summary" does not seem to show the test case steps. 

I have tried to create a custom query to pull this data but I cant find a relationship between the test cases and test runs. 

Has anyone experienced this before? 
8 Replies
Friday, July 19, 2013
re: jhope Friday, July 12, 2013

Hi Jared

The built-in Test Set detailed report does not currently include the test step level of detail I'm afraid.

In terms of custom reporting, I don't believe that's possible in v4.0 as the view that links test sets to test cases is not one of the ones that's queryable - we shall be adding that view to the reporting engine in the v4.1 release.

Regards

Adam

Monday, July 29, 2013
re: inflectra.david Friday, July 19, 2013
when will v4.1 be made available?  The problem mentioned in this post is a big pain to deal with.  Having the Test Steps described in the Test Set Report would be wonderful.
Monday, April 7, 2014
re: temich Monday, July 29, 2013
Hi did you manage to produce a report with Test sets the and the associated test cases and test steps that were outstanding?
Monday, April 7, 2014
re: keaney2023 Monday, April 7, 2014
I am still not able to get this accomplished.  this would help out so much if it could do that.
Monday, April 7, 2014
re: temich Monday, April 7, 2014
I agree... we desperately need to try and find a way to output test sets which have test cases in them and which steps have been passed.

I've struggled with custom reports as i don't seem to have the DB fields to use... has anyone used a SQL application with links to the DB to customise their reports easier?

Thursday, April 17, 2014
re: keaney2023 Monday, April 7, 2014
Adam, looking at SpiraTest v4.1.0.2, where can i specify to output the test steps in a Test Set Detailed report?

I have copied the test set detailed report to allow it to output as a Excel document but cant seen anywhere to link in the test steps from the associated test cases and include the execution status.

Thanks
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
re: keaney2023 Thursday, April 17, 2014

The v4.1 release adds additional entities to the custom report generator, so you can now get the list of the test steps for test cases in a test run using a custom query.

The ability to have them as part of the standard report didn't make it into v4.1 I'm afraid.

Regards

Adam

Wednesday, June 4, 2014
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Adam, is there any way of adding a custom filter to a custom report? E.g similar to a standard report where i can select from a drop down or input a ID which returns only items related to one of the custom fields i want?

I've created a Custom report which outputs the Test Set, Test Case and Test Step along with some blank cells for a tester to populate where Spiratest access is not available. This report however outputs all Test Sets where as i'd like the custom report to output only 1 test set based on criteria that could be input on the report configuration page

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Friday, July 12, 2013
  • Last Reply: Wednesday, June 4, 2014
  • Replies: 8
  • Views: 2802