Project specific report creation

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hi everybody!

Is there a possibility to create project specific reports? (please say yes!)

I have several projects within our SpiraTest v4.0 (012) | en-US installation and created a couple of own reports. Those reports are containing also static information of one dedicated project and therefore should be visible to one dedicated project only.

Unfortunately created reports seem to be available globally so far meaning my own created reports are visible within all other projects. Would be really useful if there would be an option within the report configuration to allocate an own created report to just one, or to several, projects within SpiraTest (e.g. using dynamic MultiLists created out of the complete project list containing all customer projects).

Any ideas to get to a useful solution? :-)
Thx in advance!
Karl

3 Replies
Wednesday, August 21, 2013
re: wirth Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Hi Karl

At the present time, the report definitions are system-wide not project-specific, although I can log an enhancement request to be able to link specific reports to different requirements.

Regards

Adam

Wednesday, August 21, 2013
re: inflectra.david Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hi Adam!

I see. - Would be nice if you log an enhancement request. I guess others might use such functionality, too.

If possible and as a kind of hint, both my company and the German NCB (also a customer) would be happy if in the Reports Center such dedicated reports (or any own created reports) could be grouped under an own topic, too, e.g. "Customer Reports" or "Project-specific Reports" (similar to "Saved Reports") not to mix Inflectra's default reports with amended/own ones.

Thanks in advance and all the best!
Cheers,
Karl

Tuesday, August 27, 2013
re: wirth Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dear Adam,

as an additional suggestion when you realise our request in an enhancement request could you please also foresee the possibility to move sections (I mean entries in the "Standard Sections" and "Custom Sections") in the Report Details up and down? This would help us (and any other customer in case of project specific reports) to position entries in the final report to different location if necessary.

Thanks again.
Cheers,
Karl

Maybe the following example provides more claritiy what I mean:

Standard Sections:*

Name

Active

Operations

Move

Project Overview

y

> Customize | Delete