Visual Studio 2012 integration

Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Hi!

We are implementing a large suite of regression test cases in our project right now.
We are using SpiraTeam for test case management, Visual Studio 2012 for implementation, C# for language and NUnit for test runs. 

I am wondering if there is any way of integrating VS 2012 to SpiraTeam in such a way that you can save your automated test cases directly into SpiraTeam's own repository.
Alternatively through Subversion.

The feature on my wishlist is; You create a test case in VS 2012 and press "Export to SpiraTeam". The test case is saved directly into SpiraTeam's own repository and a new test case is created with a unique test case id. These test cases should also be accessible from VS 2012 in such a way that they are editable.

Is there any solutions to my problems? If not, is there any partial solutions?

BR
John Lunde Flennmark
Consafe Logistics
1 Replies
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
re: flennmark Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hi John

We actually use NUnit and Visual Studio 2010 / 2012 internally here at Inflectra, and use it to test SpiraTeam, Rapise and KronoDesk, so this is a very common scenario.

We recommend:

1. Using Subversion to store the C# unit tests since SpiraTeam only acts as a file repository for Rapise functional tests.
  2. Then use our NUnit plugin to record the results of the unit tests back into SpiraTeam
  3. Use RemoteLaunch to initiate the SVN update and the NUnit tests using the Command-Line plugin.

Regards

Adam

Spira Helps You Deliver Quality Software, Faster and With Lower Risk

And if you have any questions, please email or call us at +1 (202) 558-6885

Statistics
  • Started: Tuesday, October 8, 2013
  • Last Reply: Tuesday, October 8, 2013
  • Replies: 1
  • Views: 3229