There are three prerequisites you need before attempting to build the source code for the data sync plugin:
- A working version of SpiraTest, SpiraTeam, or SpiraPlan, accessible from your machine (it can be in the cloud)
- Visual Studio 2015 or newer installed on your development machine
- Inflectra's Desktop Data Sync installed on the same development machine
The data sync source code solution will open in Visual Studio. Before it can successfully compile the code needs a DLL that is installed as part of the Desktop Data Sync: "PlugInInterfaces.dll". This file is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Inflectra\Spira Desktop DataSync.
To make sure the solution can access this file make sure you do one of the two approaches below:
- Copy the DLL into the "Assemblies" subfolder inside the main solution folder your code is in
- In Visual Studio open the solution and right click on "References" in the solution explorer. Click "Add Reference..." from the popup menu. Then add a reference to "PlugInInterfaces.dll" in its installed location