The steps for writing a plugin for Spira are as follows:
- Download the SDK from our website: http://www.inflectra.com/Downloads/SpiraSDK.zip
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010. This can then be used to open up the SDK Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file.
- The project you'll need to use to create a new bug-tracker is the SampleDataSync project. Expand this project inside Visual Studio.
- If you look through the main DataSync.cs file you will see that this file contains a template bug-tracking integration file. It includes all the code to connecting to SpiraTeam as well a commented sections where you would add the code to connect to the external bug-tracker.
- Once you've added the code to connect to your bug-tracker, you should rename the output file that it will generate to something like MyBugTracker.dll.
- Compile the plugin and add to the Bin folder of your SpiraTeam installation.
- Configure the connection information and any of the data-mapped fields or external keys needed by your plugin.
- Now start the DataSyncService and it will start your plugin.
If you need a reference to all the SpiraTeam functions available (in case you want to expland what the plugin can do) - please refer to the SpiraTeam API documentation - http://api.inflectra.com/spira/services/
If you have any questions, please submit a help desk ticket.